Sign in or register to add page to my resources
- Research all possible opportunities for funding for your studies
- Apply for student funding early to avoid delays
- Get benefit figures checked by the university/college or Citizens Advice Bureau as mistakes can happen!
- Inform your benefits office in writing that you are becoming a student and give details of the student funding you will receive sooner rather than later to avoid overpayment of benefits.
- Work out how much money you will have from all the sources including student funding.
- Make a budget plan that fits with your income
- If you apply for a Childcare Grant be aware that it will only cover 85% of the costs up to a maximum amount and you will have to find the remaining amount
- Keeping the Childcare Grant in a different bank account, separate from the rest of your student funding, may make this easier to manage.