Sign in or register to add page to my resources
- Attend college and university Open Days and ask staff and adult students about the benefits of higher level study and particular courses. Find out when open days are taking place and how to make the most of an open day.
- Ask your employer how a higher level qualification could benefit you and the company you work for.
- Talk to friends and relatives about their experience of studying at a higher education level and how it benefitted them. Be prepared for both positive and not so positive comments but use what they tell you to inform your thoughts and plans.
- Estimate the financial benefits you can expect to build up throughout your working life.
- Work out the costs and benefits of studying by researching employment prospects and expected salary as a result of doing the course you are interested in.
- Explore Martin Lewis's guide on why mature students CAN afford to go to uni.