Sign in or register to add page to my resources
- Ask what student support services your chosen university or college has and find out what support they offer for study skills.
- In particular, find out what study skills courses your chosen university or college offers, these are usually free.
- Use the Improve your skills activities on the Lifepilot website
- Talk to other students on your chosen course and find out how they manage their time and cope with their studies.
- Ask current students questions about how the course is assessed. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/
- Learn how to manage your time effectively. This will help you keep on top of your studying and will give you the best chance of completing your assessments to the best of your ability.
- Spend time thinking about how you will manage the change to student life – in particular anticipating practical implications.
- Consider going on a time management course.
- Make sure you manage your finances carefully. Worrying about money will put stress on your relationships and will impact on your success.