How NE Career Engine can help teachers and tutors
NE Career Engine will be useful to you as a teacher or tutor in further education if you are working with adults, over 21, who are thinking about any sort of higher education in the North East region.
The site offers adults one-stop information, tools and stories about how to take the first step to a higher education level course in a college or university in the North East
NE Career Engine provides all the starter information and links an adult will need and is presented in clear, encouraging and informative language, specifically aimed at an adult audience.
Some of the useful features of the site include:
- Information about a range of issues which users will be thinking about e.g. ‘Money matters’, ‘What are the benefits?’, ‘What, where and how?’, etc.
- A 'Recommended Resources' tool which will match what users need to know to the information that best meets their requirements
- Access to 100+ videos of other adults talking about overcoming a range of issues and taking the first step to higher education
- Access to online, impartial, advice and guidance
- A Progression Planner which will help adults find the right qualification for them
- A link to all colleges, training providers and universities in the South West region
- A HE Skills Map tool which will enable users to build and save a Profile of their skills and attributes and map their skills to those valued within higher education.